Here in this blog post we will detail the pros and cons of;
- Stainless Steel Sinks
- Granite Composite Sinks
- Ceramic Kitchen Sinks
This will help you to make the best decision for your home.
There are many varieties of sinks to choose from, different prices and uses.
Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks
With a huge variety of shapes, sizes and finishes available, a stainless steel is the most popular choice. The main reason for this is due to the huge selection and the low maintenance of them. They are corrosion and rust resistant, and with a general everyday wipe and clean, they will not stain.
Another advantage is that they are generally the cheapest option of sinks available. Stainless sinks are also lighter meaning that, unlike other options, are easier to fit and are more flexible.
One of the things to consider when thinking about a low budget type of stainless steel sink is that they are usually made from thinner stainless steel. This will inevitably make them more sustainable to dents and scratches. It can also make them noisier too.
The Pros of having a Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink:
- Durability – Resistant to corrosion and rust resistant
- Good when working towards a tight budget
- Top mount, undermount options and flush mount
- Maintenance – very minimal
The Cons of having a Stainless Steel Sink:
- Noise – The thinner the steel the noisier the sink can be
- Thinner stainless steel sinks will be more prone to scratches
- Dents can also occur if something is dropped into the sink
Granite Composite Kitchen Sinks
Granite Composite Sinks are becoming increasingly popular due to the wide variety of styles and finishes available. The colour choice ranges from black to cream, from pink to green, the choice is endless! You are sure to find something to suit the decor in your home. Granite composite sinks, just like stainless steel sinks, can be mounted in numerous ways.
A Granite Sink is incredibly strong. You can safely take your hot pans straight from the oven and place them on a sink with no damage caused. Even if you accidently drop something in the sink, you will more often than now brake the item that you dropped in the sink before damaging the Granite.
They are also scratch and stain resistant. You just need to maintain the sink with an everyday general wipe and clean to keep on top of the grime and dirt that can occur from the kitchen.
The Prose of having a Granite Composite Sink:
- Durability – They are incredibly durable from heat, stains and scratches
- Surface – The surface is very easy to keep clean and maintain
- Huge variety of colours, styles and sizes
The Cons of having a Granite Composite Sink:
- The surface can be that hard that it may damage items that fall in the sink
- Heavy – Due to the weight of the sink, you will require a more sturdy worktop
Ceramic Kitchen Sinks
A Ceramic Kitchen Sink will be mostly seen in a more traditional style home. This is usually due to the aesthetics of them and their durability. A well maintained Ceramic Sink can last a lifetime if looked after correctly. They are easy to clean and are heat resistant.
Ceramic Sinks, however, are not suitable for everyone. Due to the weight of them, they require a very strong worktop, meaning it is best to check if your worktops are going to be suitable for the sink before you set your heart on one. This is most important if you are considering top mounting your sink.
The Pros of having a Ceramic Kitchen Sink:
- Maintenance – They are the easiest of the sinks to maintain and keep clean
- Durability – Ceramic material is extreemly durable, can withstand high temperatures and are stain resistant
- Withstands most household chemicals
The Cons of having a Ceramic Kitchen Sink:
- Can be an expensive option
- Very heavy
- There are less choices available to choose from
Why Choose Rowe Granite To Supply and Install Your Beautiful New Kitchen Sink?
Rowe Granite is a family run company and over the years we have employed some loyal, friendly and helpful staff to help progress the business. We have a great reputation with our customers and are proud of the reviews we receive.
As you have read in this blog post, there are many options available to you. Contact one of our team who will be able to help you in any way that they can to make this process as smooth as possible for you. We will not be beaten on any like for like quote, so contact us now for your free no-obligation quote.